05 March 2010

Sounds Like a Party

I saw Ted Leo + Pharmacists play a show at the Starlite Room in Edmonton in October of 2007, and I still count it among one of the best shows I've seen.  Also, Ted covered Bruce Springsteen.


But I imagine that show was nothing compared to what their record release party in New York is going to be.  On March 9, they'll be releasing their new LP The Brutalist Bricks, and to celebrate they're throwing a karaoke party at the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn.  Mr. Leo has the list of possible covers (highlights include "Tommy Gun" by the Clash and Kelly Clarkson's "Since U've Been Gone") up at their website.

More details and a download of the first single, "The Mighty Sparrow" are available here.  If you're heading to New York next week, considering taking me with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment