22 December 2009

Bah. Humbug.

Okay, so, it's almost Christmas.  And, I mean, I love Christmas, but my taste in Christmas music hasn't evolved with my taste in other music, because, to my knowledge, The Super Friendz and/or Elvis Costello have not released holiday albums.  Therefore, I listen to a lot of the same festive tunes that I liked when I was 13.  I'm not going to lie to you, folks, 13-year-old me listened to some terrible, terrible music*, so the Christmas selections are sparse on this edition of Thrice Removed.

Well, that, and I played 'Fairytale of New York' last week.


Anyway, here is what you've all been waiting for:

But before that!  Thanks again, Dana, for cohosting while Evan was... otherwise engaged.

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - I Hope You're Happy Now (Blood & Chocolate, 1986)
Maybe Smith - A Walrus with a Gunswordaxe (Another Murder in the Morning, 2009)
A.C. Newman - All of My Days and All of My Days Off (Get Guilty, 2009)

Dumb Angel - Harvest of Bread (I Woke Up This Morning, 2008)
Dan Mangan - Basket (Nice, Nice, Very Nice, 2009)
Pearson - This is Not a Letter, Nor Is It a Postcard (Clear Thinking on Mixed Feelings, 2009)

Set for Dylan & the BC crew, because I'm bad at finding Ween songs:
Thrush Hermit - Glum Boy (French Inhale 7" single, 1995)
The Human Soundtrack - All Those Staring People (Organs for Sale, 2008)
Mardeen - Ice Truck Killer (ep, 2009)
Said the Whale - My Government Heart (Howe Sounds/Taking Alabonia, 2008, for Evan)

Woodhands - CP24 (Remorsecapade, 2010)
Discovery - It's Not My Fault (It's My Fault) (LP, 2009)

Ben Folds - Bizarre Christmas Incident (Maybe This Christmas, 2002)


Merry Christmas, folks.  Have a great holiday.


*Like this! Which I actually still secretly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment